Catalogue of laws, norms and regulations related to health and safety.
- A total of 34 sources of legislation and associated good practice guidelines/technical notes were identified during the review.
- As with the professional bodies above, these sources were classified as relating to a national, European or international level: –
- Ten sources presented legislation/guidelines developed by the UK, including the Health and Safety Work Act 1974 (HSWA, 1974) and the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015 (CDM, 2015).
- Ten sources presented legislation/guidelines relevant to Spain, including those from the National Institute of Safety, Health and Wellbeing at Work (INSBBT) and Línea Prevención.
- Two sources were Italian, including guidelines put forward by the National Institute for Insurance against Workplace Accidents and Occupational Disease (INAIL).
- One source was from Germany, namely the Act on the Implementation of Measures of Occupational Safety and Health to Encourage Improvements in the Safety and Health Protection of Workers at Work (Arbeitsschutzgesetz, ArbSchG).
- Three sources presented guidelines relevant to the USA, including those from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Seven sources presented legislation/guidelines at the European level, including the European Framework Directive on Safety and Health at Work (Directive 89/391 EEC)
- One source presented numerous technical notes at the international level, namely the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF).